Mother of the Year

Being a step-parent is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do… being one that loves and is involved in the step-children’s lives is even harder. I miss them so much… I can’t even imagine how my husband must feel. I am especially having a difficult time being away from Hannah, my17-year old step-daughter. She badly wants to return home from living in the Cayman’s with her mother and brother. The 2009 - 2010 school year is going to be her senior year… she should be able to come home to experience that with her lifelong friends.

How can a mother be as selfish as hers is? I will never understand why she makes the decisions she makes for herself and the kids. I wish there was something more I could do for Hannah to fix everything. She deserves better than the mother she’s been given. All I can do is listen to the new and inexplicable things her mother says or does to her.

I get so worked up over everything Hannah’s going through. I’m not sure how to deal with all of this anger… I need to let it go, but how? I have an 18 month old daughter I need to focus on and give my energy to. This is unfair to everyone in this family in so many ways. This is one of the very few times that I actually think the kids would be better off without their mother in their lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment