Post Mother's Day Blues

Okay, so before I start, I want to preface, by saying that by hubby is a VERY hard worker, great husband, and terrific dad. I know he does a lot for us and I appreciate and love him every day!

So, for Mother's Day, I got "a day off"... Dale took care of Maddi, made meals, and he got a lot done. Sounds great, right? Accept, today I'm left with a disaster for a kitchen, a living room that is disheveled, and laundry that needs to be done. So, I ask, what is the point of taking a day off if I have to do it all the next day anyway? This issue isn't that my hubby doesn't do anything, it's that his priorities are different from mine... AND he doesn't notice the same things I do either. For instance, the animals water dish is bone dry, both the garbage and recycle containers are full <- Dude, if your beer bottle doesn't fit into the container (it was left on the counter), the recycle is full!

This morning, instead of taking Maddi to gymnastics, I'm at home trying to get caught up on what I didn't do yesterday. I have to have it done because my In-Laws (I love them dearly) will be over tomorrow afternoon.

Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine!

4 comments:

  1. LOL

    You know that's what you wanted to do today anyway. Sarcasm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'll ship you the cheese! ;)

    I still haven't had mother's day yet... :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of cheese do you like? I'll come over and commiserate with you. lol Love my hubby to death, but I swear he uses EVERY pot and pan in the house when he cooks a meal. ; ) Tomorrow will be better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your daughter is really cute and my husband's name is Dale also. Sounds like they do the same type of things!!! How weird;) I'll just take more wine and no cheese please;)

    ReplyDelete