Velkommen til Poulsbo


I spent a good portion of my childhood in Poulsbo... I rarely go back for visits. Not that I'm THAT far... just a ferry ride or so away. When I was a teenager, I remember wondering why anyone in their right mind would VISIT Poulsbo... you could always tell which people were the tourists: you know the folks taking pictures of EVERYTHING! Well, I am now that person! LOL

This weekend was Viking Fest weekend in Poulsbo... crazy, madness! Now, when I was much younger... heavy on the much... I LOVED it! We used to "cruise" in our cars through downtown Poulsbo... like we were cool! And, in my early 20's, we used to show up at the Viking House some time in the afternoon and drink Mary's (the bartender) yummy Long Island Iced Teas until, um, 2am ish! The Viking House isn't even there anymore!

It is quite a different experience with the hubs, a toddler and a chihuahua! Not so much fun! So, we pretty much bailed on the Viking Fest experience!

We spent most of our weekend hanging out with my good friend, Karla and her family. I remember when we were BFF's <- Before that was even a term! She is now married and has 2 amazing kids... the really cool part is that they're living in the house Joel grew up in! I always thought that it would be the greatest thing to have roots like that... although, maybe not have the family SO close <- I'm sure Karla would agree with that! I considered showing up with a bunch of daisies and a bottle of Strawberry Hill Boonesfarm for old times sake (Our favorites back in the day), but I wasn't sure how that would be interpreted... LOL!

Anyway, it got me to thinking about how much I missed that friendship. Over the years, you lose touch with people, but there are always a few you often think and wonder about. Why don't I just pick up the phone and call? I don't know that answer! But I'm very glad that I spent so much time with the "Rogers"!

Our ferry rides over the weekend were Maddi's first!



Maddi loved the ferry rides!

1 comment:

  1. Daisies and Boones would have made my day, but you guys spending time with us was even better :) We really have to do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete